- To set clear responsibilities towards customers and uphold it.
- Our guiding principles on Customer Service Charter shall have the following:
- Clear and concise objective of the Charter
- Values to be provided to our customers (e.g. fairness, transparency, integrity, ethics, professionalism and timeliness)
- Efficiency & effectiveness of our communication channels
- To set clear expectation on time taken (turnaround time) for various services.
- To provide information on service delivery turnaround time expected where the information can be made available from our Head Office, Branches, Brochures, Web-site & Call Center.
- To adopt Service Standards for
- Service Walk-in Customer Promptly
- Customer Waiting Time : Within 10 minutes
- For our Policy Servicing,
- Customers shall be informed of each step and documentation required to alter, renew, surrender or cancel a policy, e.g. what happens when there are changes to the policy, notice on renewal, etc. as well as consequence arising from any of these actions.
- Customers shall be reminded in the renewal notice to inform us of any changes in the risk before renewal.
- The standard operating procedure on dealings with customers must be clearly complied with.
- To ensure efficient Policy Servicing and providing relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Policy Issuance (upon acceptance in the policy system) for New and Existing Customer:
- E-policy – Immediately
- Manual: 5 working days
(with exception new vehicles to be registered with JPJ)
- Non-Motor – within 10 working days
(applicable for individuals only, not applicable to group)
- Change of policy details / reissuance upon lapse / endorsement (upon acceptance in the policy system):
- Motor – within 3 working days
- Non-Motor – within 5 working days
- Renewal notice issuance: 30 calendar days before expiry of existing policy.
- Cancellation/ surrendering of policy (including refund of premium).
- Motor – within 5 working days
- Non-Motor – within 7 working days
- To be open and transparent in our dealings with customers
- Information shall be accessible and available through the various channels of communication such as Head Office/ Branches / Brochures / Call Centers /Website:
- Product related details, i.e. product features, product disclosure sheets, terms and conditions, key facts and exclusions will be shared at the point of sale.
- Fees, charges (other than premiums), and interest (if any) as well as obligations in the use of a product or service (e.g. when premium needs to be paid and explaining payment before cover warranty).
- Anti-fraud statement and key points to remember, i.e. confidentiality of customer information and our right to reject or accept applications.
All the above information shall be explained and stated using simple words and in an easy to understand manner.
- All the above information shall be explained and stated using simple words and in an easy to understand manner.
- To follow through and provide the requisite answers / updates to customers’ queries & complaints promptly
|Our channels of communication will be used to attend to our customers based on the following service level:
- Phone Enquiries / Complaints
- No follow up is required – Immediate such as first call resolution.
- Follow up is required – Within 3 working days from the date of the first call.
- Written (Email, fax, written letter & social media)
- For Email/Social media:-
- To provide acknowledgement response within 1 calendar day.
- An acknowledgement and to include expected timeline and any other relevant information.
- For non-complex enquiry, the response is within 3 working days from date of receipt.
- For letter or fax
- Enquiries will be replied within 3 working days from the date of receipt on non-complex enquiries.
- Counter/Branches Enquiries/ ComplaintsOur walk-in services are based on the following service level:
- Customers will be served within 10 minutes of joining the customer service queue
- When no follow up is required, we shall endeavor to provide first touch point resolution immediately on that visit.
- When follow-up is required, our response will be within 5 working days from the date of the first visit.
Note: Where enquiry is complex, we will provide a reasonable timeframe and keep the customer updated accordingly.
- To ensure consistent and thorough complaints handling
- Customers can submit their complaints through the following channels:
- Customer Service Department
The Pacific Insurance Berhad
2A, Jalan Stesen Sentral 2,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 03-2633 8999 – General Line
03-2633 8998 – Fax Line
- Email : email@example.com
- Customer Service Toll free number 1-800-88-1629.
- Visit our website: www.pacificinsurance.com.my
- A verification process has to be performed on the policyholders.
- We shall communicate clearly on the issue and gather adequate information for an informed resolution.
- We shall address the issue in an equitable, objective and timely manner by informing the complainant on our decision no later than 14 calendar days from the date of the receipt of the complaints.
- If the case is complicated or requires further investigation, we shall inform the complainant accordingly and to update progress every 14 calendar days. If not resolved, we shall update the complainant within another 14 calendar days. Thereafter, after every 30 calendar days.
- We will commit to keep the complainant updated if unable to address issues within the stipulated timeframe.
- If the complainant is still not satisfied with our response, he/she may wish to have the matter reviewed by the Ombudsman for Financial Services (OFS) at:
Or, you may also choose to refer the matter to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) at: